This healthier version of fried rice will make you wonder why you weren’t using riced cauliflower all along! This Easy Cauliflower Fried Rice with Crab is so good!
- 1 ½ tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- ½ small onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- ½ cup frozen peas, defrosted
- ¼ cup carrots, finely chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower rice (fresh or frozen)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos or light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup jumbo lump crab meat, picked through
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce (optional)
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- Heat the sesame oil in a well-seasoned wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl to coat the pan. Add the garlic, onion, and ginger until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add in the carrots, peas and cauliflower rice and cook, stirring another 2 minutes.
- Add in the liquid aminos or soy sauce, sesame oil, fish sauce, and pepper and cook, stirring often, for 2 to 3 minutes. Push the vegetables off to the side of the wok or pan. Add the beaten eggs to the open side and cook until scrambled. Gently toss the scrambled eggs and crab meat into the veggies.
- Meanwhile, in a separate frying pan, fry the two large eggs until sunny-side up. Place the fried eggs over the fried rice and drizzle with sriracha sauce, if desired. Garnish with the scallions and sesame seeds, and serve immediately.
- You can buy the cauliflower rice already riced in the frozen section, or it’s sometimes available fresh in the bag (like at Trader Joe’s).
- If you buy it frozen, make sure to squeeze all of the liquid out once defrosted (I used a kitchen towel for this).
- Make it easy on yourself and buy a bag of frozen mixed veggies. You will thank me later!
- If you’re not eating soy sauce, you can use liquid aminos or make your own Soy-Free Soy Sauce. I used low-sodium soy sauce in this recipe.
- Pick through the crab meat to get rid of any errant shells left inside. The worst is biting into a crab shell!
Keywords: fried rice, cauliflower, cauliflower rice, easy fried rice, fried rice recipe