Sweet chunks of warm apple, subtle fresh ginger, and hints of cinnamon are perfect bites in this cozy Easy Apple Ginger Loaf Bread!
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups fuji apples (peeled and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 5 x 10-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the sugars, eggs, vanilla extract, and canola oil.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients in batches, mixing until well-combined. Stir in the chopped apples.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Top with apple slices and brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- I used Fuji apples for this recipe, but there’s no particular type of apple that is absolute. Some people swear by Granny Smith apples. It’s your preference!
- I recommend a non-stick loaf pan for this recipe. Or just use parchment paper to line the bottom of the loaf pan.
- This apple loaf will last for several days in the fridge. Just wrap tightly with plastic wrap.
- Top the warm apple loaf with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. So, yummy!
- You can freeze this apple loaf for several months. Just pull it out and let it get to room temperature.
Keywords: apple bread, apple spice loaf, apple cinnamon bread, apple cinnamon bread delish, apple and ginger recipes