Who’s ready for Halloween? These Spooky Blue Pancakes, made with blue spirulina superfood powder, are just what you need to get you into the Halloween spirit!
For the pancakes:
- 3 cups Suncore Heroic Blue Pancake Supermix
- 2 cups milk or water
- Tablespoon canola oil or cooking spray
For the syrup:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the blue pancake powder with the water or milk. Stir gently with a whisk to blend thoroughly. Let the batter site for about 5 minutes to thicken.
- Heat the oil in a griddle or large frying pan (or spray the pan with cooking spray) over medium high heat.
- Pour the batter into the pan by large tablespoons and cook until the batter starts to bubble (about 2-3 minutes). Flip the pancakes and continue to cooke for about 2 minutes more.
- Remove the pancakes to a plate and repeat with the rest of the batter.
To make the black syrup: Whisk together the maple syrup and black decorating gel until well combined. Pour the syrup over the pancakes when ready to serve. Serve with fresh berries.
To decorate the pancakes: Use your creativity to make scary faces on these pancakes using the candy eyeballs, decorating gel, and spiders, or whatever you have on hand!
- If you don’t want to use this healthy, blue pancake supermix, you can always add a few drops of blue food coloring to your regular pancake mix for that vibrant blue color.
- If the batter starts to get too thick, add a tablespoon more of water or milk and mix well before cooking.
- Feel free to get creative with the decorating. The kiddos will love to partake! It’s a fun Halloween activity for the entire family.
- Black syrup isn’t mandatory, but it does make these Spooky Blue Pancakes a bit more frightening!
- I don’t know about you, but we love breakfast for dinner! Serve these ghoulish pancakes for dinner before the kids go trick-or-treating. What a “treat!
Keywords: Halloween pancakes, Halloween breakfast, healthy pancake mix, spooky pancakes