Currently obsessed with my new air fryer! You too can make the easiest snack on the planet, my Crispy Spicy Air Fryer Chickpeas! This amazing new appliance literally cuts the time in half versus crisping the chickpeas in the oven.
You’ve definitely had chickpeas (aka, garbanzo beans) in salads, and possibly some Indian and Asian dishes. As a snack they are less appreciated. I consider chickpeas to be my healthy go-to snack, especially when spiced and crispy! Now, there’s no excuse not to make these so easily in a game-changing air fryer! And they’re gluten-free!
How to make Crispy Spicy Air Fryer Chickpeas:
Seriously, there is nothing easier to make!
- Rinse, drain, and pat dry a can of chickpeas (aka, garbanzo beans).
- Lay out the chickpeas on a baking tray and coat with olive oil spray.
- Sprinkle generously with Sriracha seasoning, garlic powder, and ground cumin. Toss to coat.
- Cook in the air fryer on the crisper tray at 390 degrees F for 15 minutes, shaking the crisper tray half way through.
- That’s it!!
Lay out the chickpeas on a baking tray. Coat with olive oil spray, and sprinkle with the seasonings.
Cook the chickpeas in the air fryer on the crisper tray at 390 degrees F for 15 minutes, shaking the tray half way through.
What’s so good about an air fryer?
- It uses very little oil. I usually use cooking spray instead of oil, which still makes the food nice and crispy.
- No waiting for preheating! My oven takes eons to preheat, so this is very thrilling for me!
- It cooks food in half the time of a conventional oven.
TIP: Don’t seal the chickpeas in an air tight container until fully cooled or they will become soft. I recommend eating them right out of the air fryer for ultimate crispiness!
A handful of this yummy snack will keep you going! Add these chickpeas on salads for a crispy crunch!
PRINT YOUR AIR FRYER COOKING CHART HERE:Print
So easy to prepare, these Crispy Spicy Air Fryer Chickpeas are a healthy snack everyone will enjoy!
- 1 (14 oz.) can chickpeas, rinsed and patted dry
- Olive oil spray
- Sriracha seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Ground cumin
- Place the chickpeas in a baking tray and spray with the olive oil spray. Sprinkle the chickpeas generously with Sriracha, garlic powder, and cumin, and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Place the chickpeas in the air fryer crisper basket and give it a quick shake. Place the air fryer on 390 degrees F set for 15 minutes, opening and shaking halfway through frying. Watch carefully to make sure the chickpeas don’t burn!
Don’t seal the chickpeas in an air tight container until fully cooled or they will become soft. I recommend eating them right out of the air fryer for ultimate crispiness!
Keywords: air fryer, chickpeas, crispy chickpeas, crispy chickpeas in air fryer
If you liked this recipe, try our Shrimp Sambal with Roasted Chickpeas.