- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, slightly pounded
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Cooking spray to grease
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 sectioned lemon for each plate
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium shallow dish, combine panko crumbs, shredded coconut, and all spices. Mix well. In another shallow dish, whisk together egg and egg white.
- Generously salt & pepper each chicken breast on both sides. Dredge each chicken breast into egg, then dip each piece into panko bread crumb mixture, shaking off the excess. Heat an oven-proof skillet with canola oil on medium high. Brown chicken on both sides in pan for about 3 minutes. Remove from stove. Lightly spray the tops of chicken with cooking spray.
- Place pan with chicken in the oven. Bake in the middle rack for 20-25 minutes until crispy and golden. When ready, immediately plate and top with chopped cilantro and squeeze of lemon juice. Serve with a side of Spicy Fennel and Broccoli Slaw.
Note: If you don’t have an oven-proof skillet you can transfer the chicken to a baking tray sprayed with cooking spray.
Inspired by Whole Foods Thai Curry Chicken Cutlets.
Keywords: Coconut Chicken, Crispy Chicken, Asian Coconut Chicken