Crispy Coconut Chicken Breasts
One day, when I was feeling very lazy, I picked up a prepared meal in the Whole Foods meat department. It happened to be very tasty and inspired me to recreate it with my own twist. So, here it is — my version of Crispy Coconut Chicken Breasts! It’s both crunchy and tender with tremendous flavor in the crust. Serve it with a side of Spicy Fennel and Broccoli Slaw and you have a light, delicious, home-made meal!
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, slightly pounded
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Cooking spray to grease
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 sectioned lemon for each plate
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium shallow dish, combine panko crumbs, shredded coconut, and all spices. Mix well. In another shallow dish, whisk together egg and egg white.
- Generously salt & pepper each chicken breast on both sides. Dredge each chicken breast into egg, then dip each piece into panko bread crumb mixture, shaking off the excess. Heat an oven-proof skillet with canola oil on medium high. Brown chicken on both sides in pan for about 3 minutes. Remove from stove. Lightly spray the tops of chicken with cooking spray.
- Place pan with chicken in the oven. Bake in the middle rack for 20-25 minutes until crispy and golden. When ready, immediately plate and top with chopped cilantro and squeeze of lemon juice. Serve with a side of Spicy Fennel and Broccoli Slaw.
Inspired by Whole Foods Thai Curry Chicken Cutlets.
Leave a Comment
Search Asian Caucasian Recipes
Asian Caucasian Recipe Categories
Recent Asian Caucasian Posts
- Korean BBQ Cauliflower Pizza February 19, 2018
- Skinny”ish” General Tso’s Shrimp and Tofu February 12, 2018
- Steamed Bao Buns with Egg and Avocado February 5, 2018
- Easy Udon Noodle Stir-Fry with Pork January 29, 2018
- Grilled Baby Octopus with Nuoc Cham January 22, 2018
- Easy Thai Clear Soup with Chicken and Tofu January 9, 2018
- 10 Easy and Delicious Healthy Asian Soups January 8, 2018
- California Everything Bagel Sandwich January 1, 2018
- 10 Easy Asian Appetizers for New Year’s December 25, 2017
- Five Spice Pumpkin Bread December 18, 2017