For the Jell-O:
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry or cherry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup vodka
For the eyeballs:
- 1 (20 ounce) can lychees
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Make the Jell-O: Empty Jell-O package into a large mixing bowl and add the boiling water. Continue stirring for two minutes or until the Jell-O is completely dissolved. Add in the cold water and vodka. Stir until completely mixed and pour into a shallow dish. Let set in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours until firm.
- Make the eyeballs: Drain the can of lychees in a colander. Place one or two blueberries into the hole of each lychee. Set aside.
- Assemble: Using a fork, break up the set Jell-O. Using tasting spoons (or shot glasses), spoon a teaspoon of the Jell-O onto each spoon and top with a lychee “eyeball.” Serve the Creepy Eyeball Jell-O Shots on a tray if desired.
- You can make the Jell-O a few days in advance. Just keep it covered in the refrigerator for when you're ready to assemble.
- Be careful! These little Jell-O shots are potent! They go down easily and the alcohol can hit you quickly, so pace yourself!
- Leave out the vodka if these are for the kids. They'll love these scary Halloween treats!
- If your shot is too tart, add a little sweetness. Simple syrup works best and can take the place of a portion of the water; 1 ounce or less should do.
- Lychees can be purchased at select gourmet grocery stores and at most Asian markets. Or you can buy it on Amazon here.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 0 min
- Category: Desserts
- Method: No-cook
- Cuisine: Halloween
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 64
- Sugar: 13.8 g
- Sodium: 39.8 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Protein: 0.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: jello shots ideas, halloween food ideas, creepy halloween food ideas, halloween recipes