- 2 tablespoons canola or coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 shallots, cut into thin rings
- 6 lemon grass stalks, pounded and cut into 1½ inch long pieces
- 2 tablespoons dried shrimp paste
- 4 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 turnip, peeled and cut into strips
- 1 small green cabbage, sliced
- 2 baked extra firm tofu blocks, cut into large cubes
- 6 cups coconut milk
- 2 cup water
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 hard boiled eggs, cut in half
- Fresh cilantro
- In a large stock pot, sauté the garlic and shallots with oil until golden brown. Add in lemon grass, dried shrimp paste, red curry paste, and sambal oelek. Cook for 5 minutes, then add in the carrots, turnips, green cabbage, and tofu cubes.
- Continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk and water. Once ingredients are well-combined, bring to a boil, lower to a simmer, cover and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Toss in the shrimp and cook until pink, about 2 minutes. Top with hard boiled eggs when serving. Optional: Serve with steamed rice and garnish with fresh cilantro.
- To bake the tofu: Place entire blocks of tofu in a toaster oven at 275 degrees. Bake for 15 minutes until brown on outside. Remove and let cool before cubing.
Keywords: Coconut Curry, Curry Shrimp, Curry Tofu and Shrimp