Who doesn't love a good bowl of Coconut Curry Tofu and Shrimp, am I right? It's full of veggies and shrimp, and flavored with the goodness of red curry paste, lemongrass, spicy sambal oelek, and light coconut milk.
I combined light coconut milk with full-fat coconut milk to make it a bit healthier. Or, you can use coconut cream which is a richer stock, but adds more calories.
You can also top this dish with hard-boiled eggs for extra protein. I'm a tofu freak so I use these soybean cakes in everything! Treat yourself to this recipe full of yumminess tonight!
Make sure to use the extra firm tofu so it doesn't fall apart. Trader Joe's is my go-to for dense tofu. You'll find it in the dairy section.
Slice the extra firm tofu into uniform cubes. Then bake for crispiness!
Fresh shrimp is the star in this dish! Make sure to peel the shrimp first.
Rich and hearty, this Coconut Curry Tofu and Shrimp bowl is absolutely delish for entertaining!
Want more recipes like this?
If you like this recipe, you’re going to want these recipes:
- Easy Tofu Pad Thai
- Sweet Potato Noodles with Tofu & Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Crispy Salt and Pepper Tofu
- Easy Singapore Laksa with Shrimp and Tofu
This Coconut Curry Tofu and Shrimp is full of veggies and flavored with the goodness of red curry paste, lemongrass, spicy sambal oelek, and light coconut milk.
- 2 tablespoons canola or coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 shallots, cut into thin rings
- 6 lemon grass stalks, pounded and cut into 1 ½ inch long pieces
- 2 tablespoons dried shrimp paste
- 4 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 turnip, peeled and cut into strips
- 1 small green cabbage, sliced
- 2 baked extra firm tofu blocks, cut into large cubes
- 6 cups coconut milk
- 2 cup water
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 hard boiled eggs, cut in half
- Fresh cilantro
- In a large stock pot, sauté the garlic and shallots with oil until golden brown. Add in lemon grass, dried shrimp paste, red curry paste, and sambal oelek. Cook for 5 minutes, then add in the carrots, turnips, green cabbage, and tofu cubes.
- Continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk and water. Once ingredients are well-combined, bring to a boil, lower to a simmer, cover and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Toss in the shrimp and cook until pink, about 2 minutes. Top with hard boiled eggs when serving. Optional: Serve with steamed rice and garnish with fresh cilantro.
- To bake the tofu: Place entire blocks of tofu in a toaster oven at 275 degrees. Bake for 15 minutes until brown on outside. Remove and let cool before cubing.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 986
- Sugar: 17 g
- Sodium: 754.3 mg
- Fat: 73.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.1 g
- Protein: 56.6 g
- Cholesterol: 369.3 mg
Keywords: Coconut Curry, Curry Shrimp, Curry Tofu and Shrimp