Coconut Curry Shrimp
Here’s an awesome Coconut Curry Shrimp recipe that I borrowed from a fellow food blogger, Caitlyn Mortka. She has a fabulous food blog, SoDamnGoodBlog.com, that features healthy, affordable recipes. We just happen to meet on the harbor in Kennebunkport, Maine this summer while sipping cocktails in the warm New England sun! I’ve been dying to share her recipes with you and this Asian-inspired dish happens to be super easy and super healthy. Thank you for sharing, Caitlyn!
- 1 pound raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups brown rice
- 2 cups steamed broccoli florets*
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, and add the shrimp to the pan.
- Let the shrimp sauté and turn pink for about 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chili powder, salt, and pepper to the shrimp. Cook another minute.
- Pour in coconut milk, red curry paste, and white beans to the pan.
- Stir until the curry is well mixed into coconut milk and let the whole thing simmer for 5 more minutes on medium-low heat.
- Serve by added a scoop of rice, some broccoli, and the shrimp and bean mixture to bowls. Top with the extra sauce from the pan.
Recipe courtesy of: Caitlyn Mortka, Coconut Curry Shrimp
Leave a Comment
Search Asian Caucasian Recipes
Asian Caucasian Recipe Categories
Recent Asian Caucasian Posts
- Grilled Baby Octopus with Nuoc Cham January 22, 2018
- Easy Thai Clear Soup with Chicken and Tofu January 9, 2018
- 10 Easy and Delicious Healthy Asian Soups January 8, 2018
- California Everything Bagel Sandwich January 1, 2018
- 10 Easy Asian Appetizers for New Year’s December 25, 2017
- Five Spice Pumpkin Bread December 18, 2017
- Miso Chicken Noodle Soup December 11, 2017
- Grilled Flank Steak Lettuce Cups with Nuoc Cham December 4, 2017
- Mixed Seafood Poké Bowl November 27, 2017
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry November 20, 2017