Use this Coconut Curry Sauce to cook with chicken, seafood, pork, or pour it over rice!
This Coconut Curry Sauce is perfect for cooking with chicken, seafood, pork, or pour it over rice!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (stirred well)
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- In a wok or skillet, heat the oil on medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic, sauté for 1 minute until fragrant. Add cayenne pepper and curry powder to combine for 10 seconds. Add coconut milk, soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, and sugar. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes until sauce thickens. Stir in chopped cilantro right before serving.
Keywords: Asian Coconut Curry Sauce