If you love pumpkin, you’re going to adore these incredibly soft and pillowy Classic Pumpkin Spice Cookies with a subtle pumpkin flavor and the perfect amount of sweetness! Perfect for the holidays or all year round!
For the Cookie Batter:
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
For the Cinnamon Frosting:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Powdered sugar for dusting.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixer, beat the sugar and butter until well blended. Add in the egg, vanilla extract and pumpkin puree, mixing until well combined. Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Layer a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Using a small cookie scoop, drop rounds of cookie dough onto the cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Let cool on a baking rack before decorating.
Make the frosting:
- Using an electric mixer, blend the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Mix in the vanilla extract and ground cinnamon.
- Gradually blend in the powdered sugar until fully combined.
- Spread or pipe the frosting onto completely cooled cookies.
- Decorate with sprinkles if desired.
- I like to use organic pumpkin puree. It’s not imperative, but that’s just me making it better for you!
- I used a small cookie scoop to make even rounds of cookie dough, placing them 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (so they don’t stick!).
- Cool the cookies for a few minutes before transfering them to cooling rack.
- Use a piping bag or just a knife if you’re going to frost these cookies.
- Freeze the cookies until ready to serve!
Keywords: pumpkin, pumpkin cookies, cookie recipe, cookies, pumpkin spice