This Classic Hot and Sour Soup recipe is quick and easy to make, and full of delicious flavors. No need for Chinese takeout!
- Bring the broth to a simmer over medium high heat in a large saucepan. Add the mushrooms, soy sauce, vinegar, Sriracha sauce, and white pepper. Continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the corn starch and cold water to make the slurry. Add it to the soup and stir well. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the soup starts to thicken.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the soup while gently stirring.
- Add the tofu and green onions. Stir and remove from heat. Serve while hot.
- This recipe calls for corn starch to thicken the soup. You can substitute arrow root if you don’t use corn starch.
- Eggs make up the bulk of protein in this soup along with slices of tofu. If you don’t like tofu, just omit it. You can leave out the protein all together or substitute it with cooked chicken, pork or beef.
- Hot and Sour Soup can be stored in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. It can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- This recipe is originally from Amy in the Kitchen.
Keywords: easy hot and sour soup, easy hot and sour soup recipe, szechuan hot and sour soup, vegan hot and sour soup