We’re celebrating the Chinese New Year — “Year of the Ox” — with this traditional, Chinese Curry Chicken dish that will dance in your mouth! It’s a one-pot meal that’s a cinch to prepare! We used chicken thighs for its tenderness, aromatic curry and turmeric powder, lemongrass, and a bit of heat from dried chili peppers. The starchy baby potatoes thicken the dish, so no need to serve with rice (extra carbs!). Really important tip: Remove the red chili peppers before you eat this dish or you may have to call the fire department to rescue your tongue! Happy Chinese New Year! You’ll savor this recipe for years to come! 新年快乐
This dish is bursting with flavor from the fragrant curry powder, turmeric powder, and red curry paste!
This one-pot dish is super easy to prepare! Just toss in the ingredients and slowly simmer!
Celebrate the Chinese New Year — “Year of the Ox” — with this easy, traditional Chinese Curry Chicken dish that will dance in your mouth!
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 4 stalks lemongrass, trimmed white parts only
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- 6 pieces dried red chili peppers
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into large pieces
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 ½ tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 ½ cans (22 oz.) light coconut milk
- Heat the coconut oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and sauté until starting to brown. Add in the lemongrass and sauté with shallots another 2 minutes. Toss in the baby potatoes and dried chili peppers and stir. Stir the chicken thighs together with the sautéed vegetables. Add in the red curry paste, curry powder, turmeric powder and coat the chicken well. Add in coconut milk and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until chicken is tender and the potatoes are done. Remove lemongrass stalks and chili peppers before serving.
Keywords: Asian Curry Chicken, Curry Chicken