These juicy Chicken Satay Skewers are soaked in a flavorful Asian marinade, grilled on skewers with just the right amount of char, and drizzled with the best spicy peanut dipping sauce ever!
For the Marinade:
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- Handful chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 8 bamboo skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes
For the Peanut Dipping Sauce:
- In medium sized bowl, combine fish sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, sambal oelek, lime juice, ginger and cilantro. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Put marinade in large plastic baggie and add chicken tenders. Refrigerate for one hour. Remove chicken from marinade (discard) and thread the chicken pieces onto a bamboo skewers that have been soaked in water beforehand.
- Heat an outdoor grill or grill pan on medium-high heat. (Spray first with cooking spray so chicken doesn’t stick.) Grill the chicken skewers 5 to 7 minutes on each side until cooked through and light grill marks appear. Serve with the dipping sauce.
To Make Dipping Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients into blender and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Make sure to soak the bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes. This keeps them from burning on the grill.
- I used an outdoor grill for this recipe, but have also made these skewers on my stove-top grill pan. Either will work wonderfully!
- Leftover skewers can be stored in an airtight storage container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or freeze. The peanut sauce can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days or freeze. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
- Serve this dish with a side of white, brown, or cauliflower rice for a tasty chicken meal.
- My Asian Slaw with Nuoc Cham Dressing would be delicious with this chicken satay recipe!
Keywords: chicken satay recipe, healthy chicken satay skewers, thai chicken satay skewers, easy satay sauce