- Cooking spray (canola or vegetable)
- ½ cup pancetta, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 1 cup roughly chopped kimchi
- 2 tablespoons kimchi juice, or to taste
- 1 12 oz. package frozen riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup frozen edamame
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, or more to taste
- 5 green onions, diced and divided
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Heat a large wok over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add the pancetta and cook until browned. Move pancetta aside to a small bowl.
- Add the sesame oil to the hot wok and sauté onions, garlic, and carrots, about 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft. Add in the chopped kimchi and kimchi juice. Cook another 3 minutes.
- Raise the heat to medium-high. Add the cauliflower “rice” and edamame to the wok along with soy sauce. Break up the cauliflower with a spoon, cover and cook until well incorporated, around 5 to 6 minutes. Push the vegetable mixture to one side of the pan and add the beaten eggs and green onions to the empty side. Scramble eggs until cooked through. Add the pancetta back into the mixture.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings with more soy sauce or kimchi juice. Garnish with remaining green onions and sesame seeds.
Notes: You can purchase frozen riced cauliflower at Trader Joe’s and other select grocery stores. Kimchi can be found at your local grocery store in the produce section.
Adapted from: New York Times
Keywords: Cauliflower Fried Rice, Kimchi Fried Rice,