- Cooking spray (canola or vegetable)
- 1/2 cup pancetta, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 1 cup roughly chopped kimchi
- 2 tablespoons kimchi juice, or to taste
- 1 12 oz. package frozen riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup frozen, shelled edamame
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, or more to taste
- 5 green onions, diced and divided, for garnish
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Heat a large wok over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add the pancetta and cook until browned. Move pancetta aside to a small bowl.
- Add the sesame oil to the hot wok and sauté onions, garlic, and carrots, about 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft. Add in the chopped kimchi and kimchi juice. Cook another 3 minutes.
- Raise the heat to medium-high. Add the cauliflower “rice” and edamame to the wok along with soy sauce. Break up the cauliflower with a spoon, cover and cook until well incorporated, around 5 to 6 minutes. Push the vegetable mixture to one side of the wok and add the beaten eggs and 3/4 of the green onions to the empty side. Scramble eggs until cooked through. Add the pancetta back into the mixture.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings with more soy sauce or kimchi juice. Garnish with remaining green onions and sesame seeds.
- You can purchase frozen riced cauliflower at Trader Joe’s and other select grocery stores.
- You can use either fresh or frozen cauliflower rice. Either one will work in this dish, but the fresh cauli rice won't be as mushy as the frozen version when cooked.
- Kimchi can usually be found at your local grocery store in the produce section.
- Feel free to add any protein of your choice. I've made this with tofu, chicken, shrimp, and more!
- You can even top this with a fried egg like I did in my Cauliflower Fried Rice with Crab recipe!
- Use vegan kimchi and leave out the pancetta to make this dish vegetarian. Yep, there's usually some elements of the sea in kimchi!
- Use soy-free soy sauce or tamari to make this dish gluten free.
Adapted from: New York Times
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Sides
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Asian Fusion
- Diet: Low Calorie
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 255
- Sugar: 5.5 g
- Sodium: 796.9 mg
- Fat: 18.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.4 g
- Protein: 11.8 g
- Cholesterol: 111.5 mg
Keywords: kimchi fried cauliflower rice, cauliflower kimchi fried rice, cauliflower fried rice, kimchi fried rice