Cauliflower Kimchi Fried Rice
Don’t shy away from Asian fried rice because you think it’s too fattening! This super healthy version will have you asking for extra helpings! It’s made with riced cauliflower instead of rice, but you wouldn’t know the difference. The unique Kimchi flavoring gives it a nice zest, and the addition of pancetta elevates the flavor even more! This recipe is great as a side dish or as an entree. Dig in fellow foodies!
- Cooking spray (canola or vegetable)
- ½ cup pancetta, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ small onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 1 cup roughly chopped kimchi
- 2 tablespoons kimchi juice, or to taste
- 1 12 oz. package frozen riced cauliflower
- ½ cup frozen edamame
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, or more to taste
- 5 green onions, diced and divided
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Heat a large wok over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add the pancetta and cook until browned. Move pancetta aside to a small bowl.
- Add the sesame oil to the hot wok and sauté onions, garlic, and carrots, about 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft. Add in the chopped kimchi and kimchi juice. Cook another 3 minutes.
- Raise the heat to medium-high. Add the cauliflower “rice” and edamame to the wok along with soy sauce. Break up the cauliflower with a spoon, cover and cook until well incorporated, around 5 to 6 minutes. Push the vegetable mixture to one side of the pan and add the beaten eggs and green onions to the empty side. Scramble eggs until cooked through. Add the pancetta back into the mixture.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings with more soy sauce or kimchi juice. Garnish with remaining green onions and sesame seeds.
Adapted from: New York Times
Leave a Comment
Search Asian Caucasian Recipes
Asian Caucasian Recipe Categories
Recent Asian Caucasian Posts
- Grilled Baby Octopus with Nuoc Cham January 22, 2018
- Easy Thai Clear Soup with Chicken and Tofu January 9, 2018
- 10 Easy and Delicious Healthy Asian Soups January 8, 2018
- California Everything Bagel Sandwich January 1, 2018
- 10 Easy Asian Appetizers for New Year’s December 25, 2017
- Five Spice Pumpkin Bread December 18, 2017
- Miso Chicken Noodle Soup December 11, 2017
- Grilled Flank Steak Lettuce Cups with Nuoc Cham December 4, 2017
- Mixed Seafood Poké Bowl November 27, 2017
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry November 20, 2017