This mashup California Everything Bagel Sandwich is a cross between a California sushi roll and an everything bagel sandwich. It's the perfect Asian-Jewish fusion sammy for lunch!
So, here's the deal -- how about a little Asian-Jewish fusion for lunch? The other day, I had this vision of marrying the inside of a sushi California Roll with an everything bagel, and violà, I present to you this California Everything Bagel Sandwich!
For this post we've partnered with Simply Surimi Seafood.
Stuffed with the goodness of imitation crab flakes from Trans-Ocean’s Crab Classic, chunks of red onion and celery, and topped with avocado and sliced cucumbers, all tucked nicely into a fresh everything bagel. My Jewish roots are definitely coming out!
For this "California Roll" mixture I used imitation crab flakes, mayo, and chunks of red onion and celery. And that's it! You can always throw it on a salad if you don't want the carbs!
This imitation crab from Crab Classic is so good in this seafood mixture! Already cooked, flaked and ready to eat!
You'll definitely want to pack this awesome sandwich for lunch! The crab salad mixture tastes like a California Roll presented in a fresh everything bagel. A little Asian-Jewish fusion cuisine for your recipe box!Print
- 1 cup Crab Classic Imitation Crab flakes
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 4 everything bagels, sliced in half
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the crab flakes, red onion, and celery. Fold in the mayonnaise until well-combined.
- To assemble the sandwich, place a heaping amount of the crab mixture on the bottom of the sliced bagel, add slices of cucumber and avocados and top with other half of bagel. Enjoy!
- You can use fresh crab meat as a substitute for the imitation crab flakes.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Lunch
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Asian Fusion
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 462
- Sugar: 11.4 g
- Sodium: 693.9 mg
- Fat: 22.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 54.2 g
- Protein: 14 g
- Cholesterol: 22 mg
Keywords: California Roll in a Bagel, Crab Bagel