Light and refreshing, you’re going to be sipping on this Boozy Watermelon-Strawberry Slush all summer long! Made with real fruit and tequila, this easy, frozen cocktail will definitely be your new party fave!
- 4 cups seedless watermelon
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 4 ounces simple syrup
- 6 ounces Tequila (your choice)
- Juice from one lime
- 4 jalapeno slices (with seeds)
- 3/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- Ice cubes for thickening, if desired
- Cut the watermelon in half and scoop out the fruit. Cube the watermelon and set aside.
- Make a simple syrup: Using equal parts water and sugar (1/4 cup:1/4 cup), place in a small saucepan on medium heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes. Remove from stove and let cool completely.
- Place all of the ingredients into a high-powered blender (or food processor) and purée until smooth.
- Pour into individual cocktail glasses and garnish with melon balls and mint leaves on toothpicks (optional). Or serve extra lime wedges on the side!
- You can either freeze the watermelon cubes or strawberries. Either will work. I had a bag of frozen strawberries from Trader Joe’s in my freezer so I opted to use those.
- If you like your cocktails boozier, feel free to add more tequila! Not judging!
- I made these pretty little toothpick garnishes using balled melon and sprigs of mint. You can leave it off, or just garnish with lime wedges.
- I used the leftover mixture to make boozy popsicles! Didn’t change a thing, just filled up my popsicle molds with the leftover mix. These pops were so delish as a boozy treat the next night!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 222
- Sugar: 27.5 g
- Sodium: 3 mg
- Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.4 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: watermelon slush recipe, frozen watermelon slushie, tequila cocktail, frozen summer cocktail