- Toss the shishito peppers in a combo of one tablespoon of grapeseed oil and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil. Sprinkle lightly with Kosher salt.
- Heat a cast iron pan on high heat and carefully add the peppers to the pan. Don't overcrowd the pan (you may need to do this in two batches depending on the size of your pan).
- Sear (blister) the peppers on both sides, turning frequently, for about four minutes on each side. They should look wilted and blistered.
- Meanwhile, make the Sriracha aioli. Whisk together the mayonnaise, Sriracha sauce, lime zest, and lime juice. Place is a small bowl.
- Remove the peppers to a serving platter, dress with fresh lime juice, and garnish with sprinkles of toasted sesame seeds. Serve the Sriracha Aioli dipping sauce on the side.
- When blistering shishito peppers in the cast iron, you will hear popping sounds. Don't worry, this is normal. You may want to back up so the oil doesn't splatter on you!
- Do not cover the pan when blistering the peppers. This would create steam and this is not what you want!
- Turning the peppers in the pan while cooking will ensure that all sides get evenly seared.
- These shishito peppers are best eaten right away. Although, I've used some of the leftover peppers in a salad. Yummy!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Asian Fusion
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 82
- Sugar: 3.3 g
- Sodium: 73.3 mg
- Fat: 6.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.4 g
- Protein: 0.8 g
- Cholesterol: 1.9 mg
Keywords: blistered shishito peppers cast iron, how to make blistered shishito peppers, shishito peppers recipe