Bean Thread Noodles with Chicken
I do love Italian food, but listen up peeps! Who needs pasta when these no-cook bean thread noodles soak up the flavors in this awesome, easy Asian dish!? The Thai “magic paste” is the secret ingredient here that really highlights this recipe. Add your favorite protein (this one’s with ground chicken), the crunch of chopped peanuts, and top with bean sprouts for a meal you won’t soon forget!
Bean Sprouts (or “mung beans” as they’re known in Asia) are a great topper for this dish!
- 8 oz. vermicelli bean thread noodles
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Thai magic paste (see recipe below)
- ¾ pound minced ground chicken
- 1 Thai red chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 8 ounces bean sprouts
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted peanuts, chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large bowl, pour boiling water over the noodles and let sit for 10 minutes. Strain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, fish sauce, sweet chili sauce, brown sugar, and rice vinegar. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large wok over medium-high heat. Add the magic paste and the ground chicken. Brown the chicken and break up into small pieces, around 5-7 minutes. Add in the red chili pepper, bean sprouts and green onions. Stir fry about 2 minutes.
- Add the noodles to the wok, along with the sauce mixture and combine all ingredients well until heated through. Garnish with cilantro and peanuts.
- Thai Magic Paste:
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, leaves and stems
- ½ tsp. ground white pepper
- cloves garlic
- Tbsp. fish sauce
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Ground into a fragrant green paste. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week or freeze.
Leave a Comment
Search Asian Caucasian Recipes
Asian Caucasian Recipe Categories
Recent Asian Caucasian Posts
- Grilled Baby Octopus with Nuoc Cham January 22, 2018
- Easy Thai Clear Soup with Chicken and Tofu January 9, 2018
- 10 Easy and Delicious Healthy Asian Soups January 8, 2018
- California Everything Bagel Sandwich January 1, 2018
- 10 Easy Asian Appetizers for New Year’s December 25, 2017
- Five Spice Pumpkin Bread December 18, 2017
- Miso Chicken Noodle Soup December 11, 2017
- Grilled Flank Steak Lettuce Cups with Nuoc Cham December 4, 2017
- Mixed Seafood Poké Bowl November 27, 2017
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry November 20, 2017