- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line the muffin tins with paper muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, Chinese Five Spice and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, whip together the oil, bananas and sugars together for a good 3 minutes. Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract and beat well, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice.
- Mix in the dry ingredients just until incorporated and fold in half of the chopped walnuts. Spoon the batter into the muffin liners filling halfway up. Top the muffins with the other half of walnuts and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely before removing from muffin tin.
Keywords: Banana Nut Muffins, Banana Nut Muffin Recipe, Chinese Banana Nut Muffins, Chinese Banana Nut Muffin Recipe, Chinese Five Spice Muffin Recipe with Bananas