Healthy, homemade, Baked Purple Sweet Potato Chips! Easy to prepare and crispy to eat. Using only a few spices and olive oil, these are the ultimate gluten-free snack!
- 2 large purple sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and position the rack in the middle of the oven.
- Using a mandolin or a sharp knife, slice the sweet potatoes very thinly (keep the skins on!). Make sure the slices are uniform.
- Toss the sweet potato slices with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and cayenne pepper. Lay out the potato slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Try not to overlap the slices. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes (checking halfway) and flipping the potatoes to the other side. Cook longer if the potatoes are not golden-brown around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for about 10 minutes to finish crisping up. Serve immediately!
- Look for purple sweet potatoes that are firm. Avoid any with soft or brown spots, sprouts, or wrinkled skin.
- I recommend using a mandolin to slice the potatoes. It’s so much easier and will make the slices more uniform than using a knife.
- Sweet potatoes, in general, do not store as well as regular potatoes. You can keep them at room temperature for about a week.
Keywords: sweet potatoes, purple potatoes, sweet potato chips, baked sweet potato chips, oven baked sweet potato slices, purple potato chips, gluten-free chips