Topped with crispy bacon, shiitake mushrooms, caramelized shallots, and lots of melty cheese, this Bacon Mushroom Cauliflower Pizza is a bacon lover's dream come true! All you bacon fanatics out there, this recipe is for you!
- Store-bought cauliflower pizza crust
- 6 slices of bacon (your choice)
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms, cleaned, stemmed and sliced
- 2 large shallots, sliced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces packaged sundried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, shredded
- Handful fresh basil, sliced
- Red pepper flakes for garnish
- On a pizza stone or baking sheet, bake the cauliflower pizza crust according to package instructions. Remove from oven.
- Keep the oven on, at 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile, while the pizza is baking, cook the bacon slices in a frying pan over medium-high heat until browned and crispy on both sides, about 6 minutes. Remove and blot with paper towels (reserving 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat). Break the bacon into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Sauté the shiitake mushrooms in one tablespoon of reserved bacon fat over medium heat until wilted and lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add in the shallots and garlic, and sauté with remaining tablespoon of bacon fat until lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Sprinkle with the black pepper. Mix in the sugar and coat well, stirring another 5 minutes until the shallots are nicely caramelized. Remove and set aside.
- Before adding the toppings to your cooked cauliflower pizza, place foil around the edges of the pizza so the edges don't burn. You'll thank me for this tip!
- Top the cauliflower pizza with the crispy bacon, shiitake mushrooms, caramelized shallots, chopped garlic, sundried tomatoes, and some of the chopped basil.
- Sprinkle with the cheeses (I like a lot of cheese, but use your discretion!)
- Bake in the oven 7-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Watch carefully!
- Remove from the oven, top with more basil and red pepper flakes. Slice and serve!
- I used store-bought cauliflower pizza crust to save time. Feel free to make your own pizza crust, or use traditional pizza crust. These toppings are so delicious on all pizzas!
- I picked up a package of smoked bacon for this recipe, but any bacon of your choice will work just fine.
- Make sure to reserve some of the bacon fat to sauté the shallots, garlic, and shiitake mushrooms. It brings out some extra bacon flavor!
- I like to wrap the edges of the cauliflower pizza with foil so the edges don't burn. Because this pizza tends to be thin is burns easily. You'll thank me for this tip!
- Have a pizza stone? That's awesome! If not, just use a baking sheet.
- Watch carefully when baking this pizza. Every oven is different. After topping my pizza, it only too about 7 minutes to bake. You'll know it's ready when the cheese is bubbly and melted.
- You can freeze the leftover slices (probably won't be any!) for about 3 months. Just pop it into your toaster oven, or oven, for about 5 minutes to reheat.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 411
- Sugar: 12.4 g
- Sodium: 969.7 mg
- Fat: 17.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.7 g
- Protein: 24.5 g
- Cholesterol: 36.5 mg
Keywords: bacon pizza, bacon on pizza, bacon pizza recipe, cauliflower pizza recipe