This beautiful side dish, Baby Bok Choy with Ginger and Garlic, is loaded nutrients and antioxidants. It’s a superfood that’s easy and so delicious!
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds baby bok choy, sliced in half lengthwise
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, corn starch, and water in a bowl. Stir well and set aside. Heat oil in a wok on medium high. Add garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add baby bok choy and stir fry until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce mixture and cook another 1 minute.
- Toss in the green onions and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Buy the baby bok choy fresh and use it right away. Trader Joe’s always carries packages of baby bok choy. Or, check your local Asian market.
- If you can’t find baby bok choy, you can always use regular bok choy. I like that the baby bok choy is just the right size for stir-frying in my wok.
- To toast the sesame seeds: Place in a skillet on the stove over medium heat and dry toast it until light brown. Don’t overcook.
Keywords: baby bok choy stir fry, bok choy recipe ideas, baby bok choy, side dish