This is beyond easy to prepare, and super quick! Baby bok choy is a crispy, colorful accompaniment to most Asian entrees. It’s also ranked one of the world’s healthiest foods with 70 antioxidants, and it’s loaded with Vitamin A. Not only that, but it tastes really good! Go for it! You’ll feel healthy just reading this recipe!
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds baby bok choy, sliced in half lengthwise
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, corn starch, and water in a bowl. Stir well and set aside. Heat oil in a wok on medium high. Add garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add bok choy and stir fry until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce mixture and cook another 1 minute. Toss in scallions and sesame seeds.
To toast the sesame seeds: Place in a skillet on the stove over medium heat and dry toast it until light brown. Don’t overcook.
Keywords: Bok Choy with Ginger, Bok Choy with Garlic, Asian Bok Choy