For the ice cream:
- Zest from one lime
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- 1 can (13.5 ounce) light coconut milk
- 1 can (13.5 ounce) full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
For the cookie cups:
- 16.5 ounce store-bought sugar cookie dough
- Toasted coconut flakes for topping
Make the ice cream:
- Add to a blender the lime zest, lime juice, ginger, avocados, matcha powder, coconut milk, and sugar. Pulse until well-combined. Add in the vanilla extract and salt and pulse again until very smooth.
- Refrigerate until completely chilled at least three hours or overnight.
- Place the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
To make the cookie cups:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cut the cookie dough into 12 evenly sliced pieces. Roll the pieces into a ball and press each piece into a greased, non-stick muffin tin.
- Bake in the oven for 15-16 minutes until slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and using a small spice jar, press the jar down into the center of each cookie to form a crevice.
- Let the cookies cool in the tin for about 15 minutes. Run a flexible flat knife around the rim of each cookie to loosen and pop out of the muffin tin, placing each on a cooling rack.
- Use an ice cream scoop to place about ¼ cup of the ice cream into each cookie cup. Place them into the freezer to harden, about one hour.
- When ready to serve, top each ice cream cup with toasted coconut flakes.
- Make it easy! Use store-bought sugar cookie dough for the ice cream cups.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Asian Fusion
- Serving Size: 1 Ice Cream Cup
- Calories: 433
- Sugar: 32.7 g
- Sodium: 175.1 mg
- Fat: 25.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 47 g
- Protein: 4.2 g
- Cholesterol: 16.7 mg
Keywords: Ice Cream Cups, Green Tea Ice Cream Cups, Avocado Coconut Ice Cream ups