These refreshing Avocado Matcha Ice Cream Cups are coconut forward with a hint of ginger. And the sugar cookie cups are the perfect little holders for this delicious ice cream treat!
I don't know about you, but that glorious sound of the ice cream truck still makes me want to run outside and flag down the ice cream man! So many choices on a hot summer's day!
But, I bet the ice cream man doesn't have these matcha ice cream cups, so you need to make these at home in your own kitchen!
The matcha coconut ice cream is so easy to prepare, with all of the ingredients pulsed in a blender until smooth and creamy. Then, it's finished off in an ice cream maker for extra creaminess.
Store-bought sugar cookie dough is used for this recipe. Feel free to make your own from scratch, but this is so much easier and quicker!
To make the indentation in the cookie cups, press a small spice container into the cookie right after pulling it out of the oven.
Let the cookie cups rest in the muffin pan, then move them to a wire rack.
A medium-sized ice cream scoop works perfectly for even distribution into the cookie cups. You're going to love these Avocado Matcha Ice Cream Cups! They literally melt in your mouth! OK, go make this now!
Want more recipes like this?Print
For the ice cream:
- Zest from one lime
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- 1 can (13.5 ounce) light coconut milk
- 1 can (13.5 ounce) full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
For the cookie cups:
- 16.5 ounce store-bought sugar cookie dough
- Toasted coconut flakes for topping
Make the ice cream:
- Add to a blender the lime zest, lime juice, ginger, avocados, matcha powder, coconut milk, and sugar. Pulse until well-combined. Add in the vanilla extract and salt and pulse again until very smooth.
- Refrigerate until completely chilled at least three hours or overnight.
- Place the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
To make the cookie cups:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cut the cookie dough into 12 evenly sliced pieces. Roll the pieces into a ball and press each piece into a greased, non-stick muffin tin.
- Bake in the oven for 15-16 minutes until slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and using a small spice jar, press the jar down into the center of each cookie to form a crevice.
- Let the cookies cool in the tin for about 15 minutes. Run a flexible flat knife around the rim of each cookie to loosen and pop out of the muffin tin, placing each on a cooling rack.
- Use an ice cream scoop to place about ¼ cup of the ice cream into each cookie cup. Place them into the freezer to harden, about one hour.
- When ready to serve, top each ice cream cup with toasted coconut flakes.
- Make it easy! Use store-bought sugar cookie dough for the ice cream cups.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Asian Fusion
- Serving Size: 1 Ice Cream Cup
- Calories: 433
- Sugar: 32.7 g
- Sodium: 175.1 mg
- Fat: 25.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 47 g
- Protein: 4.2 g
- Cholesterol: 16.7 mg
Keywords: Ice Cream Cups, Green Tea Ice Cream Cups, Avocado Coconut Ice Cream ups