I don’t know about you, but that glorious sound of the ice cream truck still makes me want to run outside and flag down the ice cream man! So many choices on a hot summer’s day! But I betcha you never saw an ice cream flavor like the one we’ve created — our refreshing Avocado Coconut Green Tea Ice Cream with matcha powder! Made sure it wasn’t overly sweet, and it sits in a delish sugar cookie cup which is kind of like a cone/ice cream sandwich if you will. Is your mouth watering yet? We promise, these aren’t hard to make. Best if you use an ice cream maker for creaminess, which is all the rage these days. We used store-bought cookie dough for the cups — SO easy! The ice cream even has a hint of fresh ginger. OK, go make this now! (If you like this recipe, try our Matcha Green Tea Cupcakes!)
You’re going to love these Avocado Coconut Green Tea Ice Cream Cups! They literally melt in your mouth!
Store-bought sugar cookie dough is used for this recipe. Feel free to make your own from scratch! To make the cookie cups, press a small spice container into the cookie just after pulling it from the oven.
Let the cookie cups rest in the muffin pan, then move them to a wire rack.
The ice cream is so easy to prepare, with all of the ingredients pulsed in a blender until smooth and creamy. Finish in an ice cream maker.
A medium-sized ice cream scoop works perfectly for even distribution into the cookie cups.
- Store-bought 16.5 ounce sugar cookie dough
- Zest from one lime
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- 1 can (13.5 ounce) light coconut milk
- 1 can (13.5 ounce) full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Toasted coconut flakes
- To make the cookie cups:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Cut the cookie dough into 12 evenly sliced pieces. Roll the pieces into a ball and press each piece into a greased, non-stick muffin tin. Bake in the oven for 15-16 minutes until slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and using a small spice jar, press the jar down into the center of each cookie to form a crevice. Let the cookies cool in the tin for about 15 minutes. Run a flexible flat knife around the rim of each cookie to loosen and pop out of the muffin tin, placing each on a cooling rack.
- To make the ice cream:
- Add to a blender the lime zest, lime juice, ginger, avocados, matcha powder, coconut milk, and sugar. Pulse until well-combined. Add in the vanilla extract and salt and pulse again until very smooth. Refrigerate until completely chilled at least three hours or overnight. Place the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Use an ice cream scoop to place about ¼ cup of the ice cream into each cookie cup. Put the cups into the freezer to harden. Serve topped with toasted coconut flakes.
Keywords: Ice Cream Cups, Green Tea Ice Cream Cups, Avocado Coconut Ice Cream ups
If you liked this recipe, try our Boozy Coconut Chili Lime Popsicles
Shop products featured in this recipe: