Use this sauce to cook with chicken, seafood, pork, or pour it over rice!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (stirred well)
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- In a wok or skillet, heat the oil on medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic, sauté for 1 minute until fragrant. Add cayenne pepper and curry powder to combine for 10 seconds. Add coconut milk, soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, and sugar. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes until sauce thickens. Stir in chopped cilantro right before serving.
This sauce is great for marinating chicken, seafood, or meat. Save some extra to finish the dish!
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small glass bowl and stir well. Pour marinade into sealed plastic bag and add your protein of choice (chicken, seafood, beef) that you wish to marinade. Refrigerate for 1 hour before cooking. Makes ½ cup.