Pants feeling snug after the holidays? No worries! This is a very yummy Asian Chicken and Vegetable Salad recipe that we borrowed from fellow Atlanta food blogger Shannon Marsh with Happily Edible After. Made with tons of healthy veggies, this salad has a nice crunch from the fresh ingredients and chopped cashews. The best part is the dressing, made with fresh, creamy cashew butter from Georgia Grinders! Love sharing recipes with our fellow food bloggers! Happy, Healthy New Year to all!
Georgia Grinders homemade cashew butter adds a wonderful flavor to the salad dressing.
- 1 roasted chicken, cooled and shredded
- ½ green cabbage, shredded
- ⅓ red cabbage, shredded
- 2 large carrots, grated
- ½ bunch kale, shredded
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup red bell pepper, ½-inch pieces
- ½ cup roasted, chopped cashews
- Your favorite greens
- ½ cup Georgia Grinders Creamy Cashew Butter
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1½ Tablespoons sugar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1-inch ginger root, peeled and minced
- 1-2 Tablespoons Sriracha
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons warm water
- In a large bowl, gently mix the cabbages, carrots, kale, and bell peppers. Set aside.
- To make dressing: place all dressing ingredients into a medium bowl and whisk until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- In a large bowl, mix the shredded chicken with enough of the dressing to lightly coat the meat. Set aside. If not serving right away, refrigerate your veggies and your chicken and remaining dressing.
- To serve: scatter some of the mixed greens on a platter. Mix together the veggies and the chicken, tossing with remaining dressing. Place chicken salad on top of the mixed greens, scatter on roasted cashews.
Shop products featured in this recipe:
I’m not one to pass up a good libation, so Asian Caucasian is ringing in the New Year with this mildly spicy, Thai-inspired cocktail! Damien is not a drinker, so guess who was “forced” to do the taste-testing on this one? You got it! Really tough assignment! This spritzy muddled vodka drink is SO good — it has a touch of sweetness from the simple syrup, flavorings from the lemongrass, mint, and basil, and a touch of heat from the chili peppers. Wow! Wow! Wow! Could be my new go-to cocktail!
- 1 piece lemongrass, tough outer skin removed
- 4-5 Thai basil leaves or regular basil (more for garnishing)
- 4-5 sprigs mint leaves (more for garnishing)
- 2 ounces vodka
- ¾ ounce *simple syrup
- 8 ounces club soda
- Juice from ½ lime
- 3-4 cucumber slices
- 4 thin slices jalapeño peppers
- 2-3 thin slices red Thai chili peppers (seeded)
- In a martini shaker, muddle the first three ingredients. Add the vodka, simple syrup, and club soda to the shaker and lightly shake to combine.
- Using a strainer, pour the mixture into a cocktail glass and squeeze in the lime juice, stir well. (Discard the ingredients from the shaker.) Garnish the drink with cucumbers, jalapeño peppers, red Thai chili peppers, basil, and mint.
Pour equal parts water and sugar in a small saucepan. Heat the ingredients until dissolved. Remove from heat and cool. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.