So, here’s the deal — how about a little Asian-Jewish fusion for lunch? The other day, I had this vision of marrying the inside of a sushi California Roll with an everything bagel, and violà, I present to you the California Everything Bagel Sandwich! Stuffed with the goodness of imitation crab flakes from Trans-Ocean’s Crab Classic, chunks of red onion and celery, and topped with avocado and sliced cucumbers, all tucked nicely into a fresh everything bagel. My Jewish roots are definitely coming out!
For this post we’ve partnered with Simply Surimi Seafood.
You’ll definitely want to pack this lunch! This awesome crab mixture tastes like a California Roll presented in a fresh everything bagel. A little Asian-Jewish fusion cuisine for your recipe box!
For this “California Roll” mixture we used imitation crab flakes, mayo, and chunks of red onion and celery. And that’s it! You can always throw it on a salad if you don’t want the carbs!
This imitation crab from Crab Classic is so good in this seafood mixture! Already cooked, flaked and ready to eat!
- 1 cup Crab Classic Imitation Crab flakes
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 4 everything bagels, sliced in half
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the crab flakes, red onion, and celery. Fold in the mayonnaise until well-combined.
- To assemble the sandwich, place a heaping amount of the crab mixture on the bottom of the sliced bagel, add slices of cucumber and avocados and top with other half of bagel. Enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, try our Simple Asian Lobster Rolls.
Going to a New Year’s party or hosting your own? Here are 10 fancy-schmancy, but easy, Asian-inspired appetizers to help you and your guests ring in the New Year! Asian appetizers are great finger foods for any occasion. Butternut Squash Wonton Bites, Slow Cooker Meatballs, Steak Rollups, and more! Visit these food blogs for all of these recipes. Then, put on your bling bling outfit, break out the cocktails, crank the music, and get the party started!
Dazzle your party guests and make these Roasted Butternut Squash Wonton Bites for your next party!
So many choices! Pick one, or all of these easy Asian appetizer recipes to serve at New Year’s!
Visit these food blogs to get the full recipes for these 10 Easy Asian Appetizers for New Year’s:
- Roasted Butternut Squash Wonton Bites
- Lettuce Wraps
- Slow Cooker Meatballs
- Ginger Chicken Wonton Cups
- Spicy Baked Shrimp Balls
- Cucumber Salad
- Sweet & Tangy Meatballs
- Pork Potstickers
- Lemon Lime Shrimp Kabobs
- Steak Roll Ups