Yes, you can… make this super easy Miso Glazed Salmon! Buy a beautiful piece of salmon (I prefer Atlantic salmon because of its fatty texture) from your fishmonger or the fish market at your local grocery store to make this recipe. Whole Foods always has the best Atlantic salmon, which is actually Norwegian salmon. The fish will literally melt in your mouth, and this fantastic marinade is perfect for this fish. Miso paste (fermented soy bean paste) whisked with mirin, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and ginger is sweet and salty and full of deliciousness in every bite! Broiling the fish browns it perfectly, but you can grill it as well. Make a little extra of the marinade to drizzle on top when serving! We like to pair this dish with our Baby Bok Choy with Ginger & Garlic and a side of sticky white rice. Soooo good!
Pop this Miso Glazed Salmon in the oven and broil for 10 minutes for a perfectly cooked piece of fish, every time!
Marinate the salmon in a plastic sealable bag for 30 minutes in the fridge. It soaks up all of the delicious flavors of the miso marinade!
Serve this beautiful dish with our Baby Bok Choy with Ginger & Garlic and a side of sticky white rice.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the miso paste, soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil, ginger, pepper, and green onions until well combined. Place the salmon filet into a sealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over the salmon. Marinate the salmon in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven on the broil setting. Place the salmon on a foil-lined baking tray. Place on a high rack in the oven. Broil the salmon for approximately 10 minutes, or until fork tender. Watch carefully not to let the salmon burn! Garnish salmon with chopped green onions and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Serve with a side of sticky rice, or our Baby Bok Choy with Ginger and Garlic.
If you liked this recipe, try our Red Curry Salmon Kebabs
Shop products featured in this recipe:
Let’s face it, what makes an Asian dish great? The sauce, of course! Here are three fantastic Asian sauces that will turn an ordinary recipe into extraordinary! They are super easy to prepare, with very few ingredients. The sauces are paired with three of our recipes, but you can use these sauces with so many things to dress up any dish. Mix it into your stir-fry, toss it with noodles, use it as a dipping sauce… the possibilities are endless! Sweet, spicy, delicious Asian flavors like soy sauce, garlic, ginger, rice vinegar, coconut milk, green curry paste, and peanut butter. You can shop the ingredients below. Super simple!
These Steamed Vietnamese Rolls are awesome with this spicy dipping sauce. The sauce also pairs well with spring rolls, wontons, seared tuna, and dumplings!
- Whisk together the chili sauce, sambal oelek, mirin wine, ginger, lime juice, soy sauce, and fresh basil. Serve alongside the steamed rolls for dipping.
Our Grilled Beef with Green Curry Sauce is to die for! The sirloin soaks up the flavors of the coconut milk and green curry paste. You can also use this sauce on rice and noodle dishes, or chicken!
- In a small saucepan, combine the coconut milk, curry paste, and sugar. Stir over low heat until desired thickness. Season with the fish sauce.
Who doesn’t love chicken on skewers? This is the perfect spicy peanut dipping sauce for our Chicken Satay Skewers. The sauce also pairs well with salmon, spring rolls, seared tuna, and more!
- Combine all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Can be stored in container in refrigerator for 2-3 days or freeze.