With the use of bold seasonings and fresh toppings here’s an Asian Style Tofu Burger that’s gonna knock your socks off!
- 14 ounces extra-firm tofu
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger (powder)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- TOPPINGS (OPTIONAL)
- sliced red onion
- sliced tomatoes
- ASIAN STYLE BBQ SAUCE
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup Catalina or French dressing
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (powder)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Remove excess liquid from tofu by placing it in a colander that is over a bowl to catch the water. Place a piece of plastic wrap on top of the tofu. Put something with a little weight on top of the tofu. You can also tightly wrap the tofu in paper towels or a kitchen towel to remove the excess liquid. Let sit for at least 2 hours.
- Squeeze any remaining water from the tofu and break it up into the smallest pieces you can into a medium sized bowl. (You want it to look like a bowl of rice or quinoa.)
- Add the remaining ingredients and use your hands to really mix the ingredients.
- Form 4 to 6 tofu patties.
- Place the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the patties over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes on each side. You want them to be a nice golden brown. Remove the patties and place them onto a plate covered with a paper towel to drain the oil. Serve on your choice of bun and toppings.
- To make the BBQ sauce: Place ingredients into a small bowl and stir until full combined. Use to top burger.
Recipe from Amy in the Kitchen