Tangy, sweet and spicy, this Asian Slaw with Nuoc Cham Dressing is perfect as a side dish or on top of any protein like fish, burgers, or chicken!
For the Slaw:
- ½ cup shredded red cabbage
- ½ cup shredded napa cabbage
- ½ cup pickled red onions
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and sliced
- ½ cup matchstick carrots
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
For the Nuoc Cham:
To make the Nuoc Cham: In a medium glass mixing bowl, whisk all ingredients together and taste for seasoning (more salt). Store in the refrigerator for up to three weeks. (This also makes a great dipping sauce for so many Asian dishes!)
To make the Slaw: In a large mixing bowl, toss together the shredded cabbages, pickled onions, sliced jalapeños, carrots and cilantro. Toss thoroughly with the Nuoc Cham dressing. Top with roasted peanuts if desired.
- You can buy pre-shredded veggies for the quickest preparation. There are often a variety of cabbages in one bag, plus shredded carrots. Make it easy on yourself!
- Sometimes I like to throw roasted peanuts on top of this slaw for more texture. I have some family members with peanut allergies so I don’t always add them!
- Nuoc Cham also makes a great dipping sauce! This magic sauce goes great with seafood, but also with steak, spring rolls, Asian salads, you name it!
Keywords: Asian slaw, healthy slaw, slaw, nuoc cham