Seared to perfection, this Asian Rubbed Salmon is fatty and full of flavor from the Chinese Five Spice rub! It’s melt-in-your-mouth delicious!
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Five-Spice powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon honey powder or teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Fresh thyme or cilantro for garnish
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Combine all spices in a small glass bowl. Pat the salmon filets with paper towels. Brush the canola oil on both sides of the fish. Generously sprinkle salmon with spice mixture on both sides.
- Heat a large cast iron pan or heavy skillet with 1 tablespoon of oil on medium-high to high heat. Place salmon skin side down in the pan. Cook for 4 minutes until nicely seared. Turn fish over and cook another 2 to 3 minutes until fish is light pink.
- Garnish with herbs and lemon wedges on the side. Serve with a side of rice if desired.
- Honey powder can be found at specialty spice stores like Penzy’s, or on Amazon. You can always just use honey if you can’t find this.
- Let the salmon rest for 5 minutes before serving. I guarantee you that this salmon will melt in your mouth, unless you overcook it!
- I love a crispy salmon skin, but if you’re not into fish skin, then pull it off (such a waste!).
Keywords: grilled salmon, Chinese five spice, grilled salmon rub, simple grilled salmon, seared salmon