- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon honey powder or teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Fresh thyme or cilantro for garnish
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Combine all spices in a small glass bowl. Brush canola oil on both sides of fish. Generously sprinkle salmon with spice mixture on both sides of fish. Heat a large heavy skillet with 1 tablespoon of oil on medium high to high heat. Place fish skin side down in pan. Cook for 4 minutes until nicely seared. Turn fish over and cook another 2 to 3 minutes until fish is light pink. Garnish with herbs and lemon wedges on the side. Serve with rice if desired.
Honey powder can be found at specialty spice stores like Penzy’s.
Keywords: Asian Salmon, Five Spice Salmon