This light and refreshing Asian Cucumber Salad is the perfect side dish for summer!
- 4 to 5 Persian cucumbers, sliced thinly
- 3 large radishes, sliced thinly
- 3 baby red bell peppers, seeded and sliced thinly
- 3 baby yellow bell peppers, seeded and sliced thinly
- 3 green onions, green and white parts, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup shelled edamame
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- More fresh cilantro for garnishing
- For the vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Japanese yuzu juice
- ½ lemon freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cucumbers, radishes, bell peppers, green onions, cilantro, edamame, cilantro and sesame seeds.
- To make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together the rice wine vinegar, yuzu juice, lemon juice, ginger, salt, sesame oil, sugar, and red pepper flakes until well combined. Pour over the veggies and toss thoroughly. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with more cilantro.
I used a mandolin for the cucumbers and radishes to get them evenly sliced.
Keywords: Salad, Cucumber Salad, Asian Salad, Cucumber Salad Recipe, Asian Cucumber Salad Recipe