Asian Chicken & Vegetable Salad with Spicy Cashew Butter Dressing
Pants feeling snug after the holidays? No worries! This is a very yummy Asian Chicken and Vegetable Salad recipe that we borrowed from fellow Atlanta food blogger Shannon Marsh with Happily Edible After. Made with tons of healthy veggies, this salad has a nice crunch from the fresh ingredients and chopped cashews. The best part is the dressing, made with fresh, creamy cashew butter from Georgia Grinders! Love sharing recipes with our fellow food bloggers! Happy, Healthy New Year to all!
Georgia Grinders homemade cashew butter adds a wonderful flavor to the salad dressing.
- 1 roasted chicken, cooled and shredded
- ½ green cabbage, shredded
- ⅓ red cabbage, shredded
- 2 large carrots, grated
- ½ bunch kale, shredded
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup red bell pepper, ½-inch pieces
- ½ cup roasted, chopped cashews
- Your favorite greens
- ½ cup Georgia Grinders Creamy Cashew Butter
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1½ Tablespoons sugar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1-inch ginger root, peeled and minced
- 1-2 Tablespoons Sriracha
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons warm water
- In a large bowl, gently mix the cabbages, carrots, kale, and bell peppers. Set aside.
- To make dressing: place all dressing ingredients into a medium bowl and whisk until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- In a large bowl, mix the shredded chicken with enough of the dressing to lightly coat the meat. Set aside. If not serving right away, refrigerate your veggies and your chicken and remaining dressing.
- To serve: scatter some of the mixed greens on a platter. Mix together the veggies and the chicken, tossing with remaining dressing. Place chicken salad on top of the mixed greens, scatter on roasted cashews.
Shop products featured in this recipe:
Leave a Comment
Search Asian Caucasian Recipes
Asian Caucasian Recipe Categories
Recent Asian Caucasian Posts
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry November 20, 2017
- Nuoc Cham Dipping Sauce November 19, 2017
- Mala Hot Sauce November 13, 2017
- Asian-Spiced Pork Chili with Butternut Squash November 6, 2017
- Jalapeño Corn Bread November 6, 2017
- Delicata Squash Stuffed with Turkey and Brown Rice October 30, 2017
- Sweet and Spicy Tri-Colored Cauliflower October 23, 2017
- Pork Potstickers October 16, 2017
- Pumpkin Manju Sweets October 9, 2017
- Perfectly Purple Potato and Cauliflower Soup October 2, 2017