For the Skewers
- ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons sherry
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ pounds flank steak
- Wooden skewers
- Sesame seeds
For the Sauce
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sherry, honey, green onions, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes.
- Cut flank steak across grain on a diagonal into 1/4-inch pieces. Place meat in a large sealable plastic baggie. Pour sauce mixture over meat and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Soak skewers in water for at least 30 minutes. Preheat an outdoor grill on high heat. Thread the meat onto skewers.
- Grill skewers 3 minutes per side for medium to medium rare, or to desired doneness.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped scallions. Serve with dipping sauce.
Peanut Dipping Sauce
- Add all ingredients into a food processor or blender until well-blended. Serve on the side with beef skewers.
You can use any tender beef for this recipe.
Adapted from: Vivan Chu
Keywords: Beef Skewers, Asian Beef, Beef Skewers with Dipping Sauce