This simple, tasty Arugula with Asian Pear Salad is topped with avocados, pistachios, goat cheese, and a tangy lemon vinaigrette. Perfect for lunch or dinner and ready in just 15 minutes!
5-ounce bag baby arugula
½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
½ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
2 Asian pears, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
2 large avocados, pitted, peeled and thinly sliced
½ cup pistachio nuts, chopped
3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
For the vinaigrette:
Juice from 2 large lemons
1 teaspoon grated ginger
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Pinch of salt and pepper
Make the vinaigrette:
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, ginger, red pepper flakes, and Dijon mustard. Slowly whisk in the olive oil, then the salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Assemble the salad:
Arrange the baby arugula at the bottom of a large salad bowl and toss in the cilantro and mint. Top with slices of pears, avocados, pistachios, and goat cheese crumbles. Drizzle the lemon vinaigrette over the salad and sprinkle with black sesame seeds. Serve the extra dressing on the side.
- You can make the lemon vinaigrette the day before and store in the refrigerator when ready to serve.
- If you’re not a fan of arugula, use whatever lettuce you have on hand!
- Asian pears can be found at most gourmet grocery stores and at Asian markets. It can also be purchased on Amazon here.
- Can’t find Asian pears? Use Bosc pears instead!
- Don’t have black sesame seeds? No problem. Use toasted sesame seeds instead!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 312
- Sugar: 4.6 g
- Sodium: 85.2 mg
- Fat: 28.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.2 g
- Protein: 6.6 g
- Cholesterol: 6.5 mg
Keywords: asian pear salad, pear salad with goat cheese, arugula and pear salad, arugula pear salad recipe