Crispy on the outside, tender and delicious on the inside, these healthy Air Fryer Vegan Avocado Egg Rolls have all the flavor, but none of the guilt. These homemade egg rolls are perfect for holiday entertaining!
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 lime (juiced)
- 4–6 sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 vegan egg roll wrappers (I used Frieda, which is egg-free)
- Cooking spray
- Vegan sour cream (or your favorite dipping sauce)
For the egg roll filling:
- In a medium-sized bowl, start by mashing your avocados. Then, finely chop your sun dried tomatoes and onions and add to the mashed avocados.
- Juice the lime and drizzle over your mashed avocados. Mix in all of your spices.
- Finely chop your cilantro and add to the avocado mixture, mixing until well-combined.
Making the egg rolls:
- Lay one sheet of your vegan egg roll wrapper on a flat surface on the diagonal. Place about one tablespoon of the avocado filling on the corner nearest you.
- Roll the corner up and over your filling, pressing gently to make it tight and firm.
- Then fold in your corners, right then left, like an envelope, and keep rolling up until you’re near the top corner. Do not seal yet!
- Brush some water on the top corner and seal closed. The water will help seal the egg roll. Repeat until all 8 egg rolls are made.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place the egg rolls in the air fryer, making sure they’re spaced apart and none of them are touching each other.
- Spray the tops of the egg rolls with the cooking spray and cook in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes. Make sure to flip them over halfway through and spray the tops. Continue cooking until golden brown and crispy.
- Optional: Serve with a side of vegan sour cream, or your favorite dipping sauce.
- Have any leftover egg roll filling? This filling is great on its own as a dip. Consider it a guacamole and serve with your favorite chips!
- You can find egg roll wrappers in the refrigerated produce section of your grocery store.
- If you make these ahead of time, you can store these egg rolls in an air-tight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, put back in the air fryer at 400 degrees spray with cooking spray, and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- I served some vegan sour cream on the side, but feel free to use whatever dip you like. Sweet chili sauce is always good for dipping!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 199
- Sugar: 0.6 g
- Sodium: 228.6 mg
- Fat: 9.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.7 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 2.9 mg
Keywords: vegan egg rolls, air fryer egg rolls, vegan egg rolls recipe