Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos with a sweet and spicy sauce are the perfect quick and healthy recipe your whole family will love!
- Clean and devein the shrimp, removing the tails. Set aside in a bowl.
- For the bang bang sauce: Whisk together the mayonnaise, sambal oelek, chili sauce, and tasco. Taste for desired spiciness. Place the sauce in a shallow bowl. Set aside ¼ of the bang bang sauce for drizzling. Place the Panko bread crumbs in a shallow bowl next to the sauce.
- Coat the shrimp with the bang bang sauce and then coat with the Panko bread crumbs. Place the shrimp on a single layer on the crisper tray inside the air fryer, making sure not to overlap the shrimp. (You will need to repeat this process a few times.)
- Spray the tops of the shrimp with cooking spray for a golden brown finish. Set the air fryer on 380 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes. Check the shrimp after 6 minutes to see if golden brown and crispy. If not, keep cooking another minute or two.
- To assemble the tacos: Place a layer of the red and white cabbage at the bottom of the tortilla shell, followed by the crispy shrimp, and top with a drizzle of the reserved bang bang sauce, chopped green onions, and a squeeze of lime.
Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sliced avocados, sliced jalapeño peppers, fresh cilantro.
- Pat the shrimp with paper towels before the dredging process.
- You may need to wet your hands a few times during the dredging to remove the excess crumbs!
- Layer the shrimp in the air fryer in a single layer making sure to leave enough room in between each piece of shrimp.
- Make sure to to flip the shrimp half way through the cooking process so both sides get golden brown.
Keywords: air fryer shrimp, air fryer shrimp tacos, bang bang shrimp