- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (hot chili paste)
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 fresh lime, juiced
- 3/4 pound fresh ahi or yellow fin tuna (sushi grade), small diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 small ripe avocados
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and small diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and small diced
- 3 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Black sesame seeds for garnish
For the tuna
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, fish sauce, sesame oil, sambal oelek, ginger, shallot, and lime juice. Gently toss in ahi tuna and 2 tablespoons of cilantro.
For the guacamole
- Mash the avocados in a bowl. Add tomatoes, jalapeño pepper, red onion, Tabasco sauce, two tablespoons of cilantro, and salt and pepper.
- Using a ring mold on a flat surface, place a quarter of the guacamole at the bottom of the mold, packing it down. Then scoop the tuna on top of the guacamole to the top of the ring mold. Garnish with sprinkles of sesame seeds and a slice of jalapeno. Gently remove the ring mold. Serve with baked wontons if desired.
Sambal oelek can be found at select grocery stores and specialty Asian markets.
Serve this with a side of Skinny Baked Wonton Chips.
Keywords: Tuna Appetizer, Guacamole and Tuna Appetizer, Asian Appetizer