It’s summer, can you feel the heat? We wanted to share this beautiful, rustic, easy-peasy fruit galette recipe for your next outdoor party. It’s not an Asian dessert but it’s beyond simple and so tasty! The inspiration behind this yummy dessert? Gorgeous fresh berries and peaches at our local farmer’s market. You can use ready-made pie crust like we did, or make yours from scratch! Not a big dessert maker or a baker? Pinky swear, this really was a cinch to make! Top it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a sprig of mint and you’ve got the perfect bite! Thanks to gimmesomeoven.com for sharing your terrific version of this recipe!
This gorgeous fruit galette has natural sweetness from the fresh fruit, and is so easy to make! Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top…YUM!
Farmers market peaches, blueberries and blackberries are so delish in this dessert recipe!
Beautiful summer fruit is always the way to go when making a galette. Try this at home!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (9-inch)
- 3 fresh peaches, pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- Fresh mint for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Unfold pie crust on a baking sheet or baking stone. Slightly roll out edges.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the fruit with cornstarch, 1 tablespoon sugar, and cinnamon. Pour mixture into the middle of the pie crust, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold up the border over the edge of the fruit and pinch the pleats. Brush the egg wash onto the pie crust and sprinkle remaining sugar on top of crust and fruit.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until crust is lightly brown and fruit is bubbling. Cover edges of crust with aluminum foil if to brown while allowing fruit to cook thoroughly. Serve warm topped with vanilla ice cream.
Adapted from: www.gimmesomeoven.com
There’s nothing that says summer like melt-in-your-mouth Lobster Rolls! They remind me of my many trips to New England where one must indulge in fresh Maine lobster rolls! So, here’s our take on an Asian-inspired version using Chinese steamed buns (a.k.a. “Bao”) instead of the standard hot dog bun. This recipe couldn’t be easier! We used cooked lobster for a short cut (Whole Foods will steam the lobster for you!), but you can buy it frozen or cook the lobster yourself. We also cheated a little by using Pillsbury Grands, which is available at your local grocery store, and steamed them in a bamboo steamer. Easier than making these steamed buns from scratch! Serve with a side salad of Spicy Fennel and Broccoli Slaw and chips for a perfect summer picnic! (If you like this recipe, try our Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Bánh Mì sandwich!)
Succulent and sweet, these Asian-inspired lobster rolls will remind you of a balmy summer’s day in New England!
Steam the buns in a bamboo steamer for perfect Chinese “bao” buns!
The buns will puff up when steamed. Then fill them with the lobster salad mixture!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin!
- ¼ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1½ pounds cooked, shelled lobster meat, cubed
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass, finely chopped (white parts only)
- Zest from ½ lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury Grands Buttermilk Biscuits
- To make the aioli: In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sambal oelek and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine lobster, celery, red onion, green onion, lemongrass, lime zest, and cilantro. Fold in the aioli mixture. Set aside.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. With fingers, flatten each into rounds about ½ inch thick. Fold over to form half-moon shape; place in steamer or bamboo steamer lined with parchment paper. Set steamer on top of wok or saucepan with boiling water. Steam 10 minutes; cool completely.
- Cut buns in half, but not completely through, to form a pocket. Stuff buns with lobster salad mixture and serve immediately on a platter. Serve with a side of potato chips or your favorite side, like Spicy Fennel and Broccoli Slaw!
Shop products featured in this recipe: