Tiki Thai Cocktail
I’m not one to pass up a good libation, so Asian Caucasian is ringing in the New Year with this mildly spicy, Thai-inspired cocktail! Damien is not a drinker, so guess who was “forced” to do the taste-testing on this one? You got it! Really tough assignment! This spritzy muddled vodka drink is SO good — it has a touch of sweetness from the simple syrup, flavorings from the lemongrass, mint, and basil, and a touch of heat from the chili peppers. Wow! Wow! Wow! Could be my new go-to cocktail!
- 1 piece lemongrass, tough outer skin removed
- 4-5 Thai basil leaves or regular basil (more for garnishing)
- 4-5 sprigs mint leaves (more for garnishing)
- 2 ounces vodka
- ¾ ounce *simple syrup
- 8 ounces club soda
- Juice from ½ lime
- 3-4 cucumber slices
- 4 thin slices jalapeño peppers
- 2-3 thin slices red Thai chili peppers (seeded)
- In a martini shaker, muddle the first three ingredients. Add the vodka, simple syrup, and club soda to the shaker and lightly shake to combine.
- Using a strainer, pour the mixture into a cocktail glass and squeeze in the lime juice, stir well. (Discard the ingredients from the shaker.) Garnish the drink with cucumbers, jalapeño peppers, red Thai chili peppers, basil, and mint.
Pour equal parts water and sugar in a small saucepan. Heat the ingredients until dissolved. Remove from heat and cool. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Leave a Comment
Search Asian Caucasian Recipes
Asian Caucasian Recipe Categories
Recent Asian Caucasian Posts
- Grilled Baby Octopus with Nuoc Cham January 22, 2018
- Easy Thai Clear Soup with Chicken and Tofu January 9, 2018
- 10 Easy and Delicious Healthy Asian Soups January 8, 2018
- California Everything Bagel Sandwich January 1, 2018
- 10 Easy Asian Appetizers for New Year’s December 25, 2017
- Five Spice Pumpkin Bread December 18, 2017
- Miso Chicken Noodle Soup December 11, 2017
- Grilled Flank Steak Lettuce Cups with Nuoc Cham December 4, 2017
- Mixed Seafood Poké Bowl November 27, 2017
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry November 20, 2017