Thai Spiced Mushrooms & Baby Corn
Preparing this side dish reminds me of the movie, “Big,” when Tom Hanks is eating the baby corn at his fancy office party, right? No need to try to emulate Tom with this dish! The mushrooms are woodsy and tender along side the baby corn. The sauce has a nice kick as well, but you won’t be reaching for a glass of water, or the corn-on-the cob holders! It’s just perfect!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon Thai green curry paste
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 8 oz. package shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oz. package button mushrooms, sliced
- 8 baby corn from can, sliced in half
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Heat oil in a wok on medium high heat. Add garlic and ginger. Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Mix in curry paste and soy sauce. Add mushrooms and cook until slightly browned. Add in baby corn and cook another 1 minute. Toss in scallions and sesame seeds. Serve warm.