This spicy Asian peanut sauce is great as a marinade for chicken skewers, salmon skewers, or as a dipping sauce for spring rolls.
Asian Peanut Sauce
Author: Asian Caucasian
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon sambal oelek (chili paste)
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Put all ingredients, except lime juice, in a small saucepan over low heat. Add water and whisk until mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice until well combined. Makes ⅔ cup. Can be stored in container in refrigerator for 2-3 days or freeze.
This sauce is great for chicken skewers, salmon skewers, or as a dipping sauce for spring rolls. Sambal oelek can be found in select grocery stores and Asian markets.