What to do with leftover Thanksgiving turkey? Try this easy Turkey Curry dish featuring amazing Indian flavors and sweet potatoes. It’s like Thanksgiving all over again! Except Asian style. Your holiday house guests will be following their noses to the kitchen when these aromas float through the air. Who knew that leftovers could be that good?
Leftover turkey breast is awesome in this Indian dish!
Slice the leftover turkey breast into thick pieces before cubing.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- ⅔ cup water
- ½ large sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- ½ large white sweet potato (or regular potato), peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 cups leftover cooked turkey meat, cut into thick cubes
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Steamed white rice
- Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium-high. Sauté onions and garlic until translucent, about 2 minutes. Stir in garam masala, cumin, and curry powder until incorporated, about 1 minute. Add in tomato, stirring for about 2 minutes. Add the coconut milk, water, and potatoes and stir well. Cook and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are soft. Stir in the turkey meat and simmer another 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir in cilantro to garnish before serving. Ladle over cooked rice with extra cilantro.
Shop products featured in this recipe: